Sunday, February 27, 2011

Montly Post

I am feeling like a broken record. Still unemployed! I have so many resumes out there and no one is calling me. I had an interview with Amazon last week and haven't even heard from them. I am really starting to get a complex. Craig just tells me it is all in God's plan, but the recorded message for the bill payment centers do not understand "it's in God's plan" instead of "it's in the mail". I know I have to be patient, but I want it NOW!

I seriously don't know where in the world February has gone! I have even forgotten to journal, so I really can't even account for what I did each day. I think I have read/slept/watched TV through at least 80% of February! Jon has finished basketball and of course we are still practicing weekly for the All County Band Concert in March. But you guessed it that wasn't enough, today is tryouts for the Track team! I talked to some people at church last night that have coached/participated in Middle School Track and informed me that the meets can last till 11:30 pm on a school night!!!! I don't know if I can do this people! I don't think I am strong enough to be this child's mother!

Hmmm... what else have I done in February? At Harmony we started a Craft Thursday, we are making crafts to sell at the Christmas Bazaar. The first craft was placemats made out of old Christmas cards, that was harder than I thought it would be. Plus I missed some of the time due to picking Jon up from the school Valentine dance. Then the next week I missed due to Jon being in the finals of the county basketball tournament (His team came in 4th). Then I went this past week and worked on aprons with "Chicken Scratch" on them.





This is what it could look like, this is not my example.... I think this week we are going to work on more "chicken scratch" so maybe I will take a picture of my work and show you next time.


This is somewhat of how the placemats we made looked, but we used 24 circles and made the edges scalloped. I know I will take a picture next time.I have been to a couple funerals this month, I know not great news, but they are celebrating in Heaven! That is great news, right?

I went to girls night, for those of you that read my blog and don't really know me I'll give you the low down. When Nathan and Kelley were in the High School band, the band had competitions every weekend forever it seemed like. So several of us would carpool together, plus when you are involved in an organization like the Band Boosters we all made Easter eggs, pumpkin rolls, car washes, distributed fruit, band trips.... and over the course of five years we really knew each other WELL! So we started out with at least 12 of us, we went to dinner and then played cards. The number just dropped until about 2 1/2 years ago we are down to six faithful. The six of us are on a rotation that we pass the Tripoley box (really heavy now too, we play for quarters but we never bring them home) host the dinner and play cards every month. We used to take the month of May off due to proms/graduations but I am the only one left that has a child in school so looks like we may go the whole year this year! It is always fun to get together and hear what is happening in their lives, there is ALWAYS stories to be told...

Another thing I have gotten myself into is the LSIC (Local School Improvement Council) for Jon's school. I know I can't believe it either, but get this I didn't think about the school combining with the other local MS! It's like being on the church board when the pastor leaves! The committee has to meet and recommend the school name, mascot and school colors to the BOE! Supposedly today the public is being informed of the chance to voice their opinions on a name then we meet again and see how many different options we have.

Other than going to church and hosting Jon's friends I think that about sums up my month! I am so not looking forward to the springing forward in March, but if that means spring is closer than bring it on!


Beth



1 comment:

Brenda said...

Ahh, Beth, You'll get the right job soon! I know it will happen! Your the lucky one to be in a crafting group. Which we had one. So where are your pretty cards? I can say that now since I made a couple..hahaha When are you coming up to play in my room? I want so many new things, but I need to use up my old. Talk to ya later, love ya. Brenda